1. Put the harness on. Do not use a collar to walk the cat
on a leash.
2. Your cat might just lie down until he becomes accustomed
to the harness. Slip one finger between the harness and
3. Reward your cat with affection and treats while doing the training
section to give him positive feelings.
4. Continue to put the harness on the cat every day until he
5. Have the cat wear the harness for about 1-2 hrs.--
never leave the cat unattended. Let the cat walk around
while wearing it.
6. Add the leash when the cat is comfortable with the harness.
Let the cat walk around the house with the leash dragging for
as long as it takes for the cat to get used to it. Watch him
7. Practice walking around the house for a few days until the
cat is comfortable walking on the leash.
8. You can take the cat outside when he is used to the leash,
he may require one walk every day. Let him lead you.
Be sure it is quiet outside and no other are animals around you.
You don't want to spook the cat.
9. Bring treats and be very patient teaching a cat to walk
on a leash takes time.
Professional Pet Sitting Services offered in the Upper to Mid-Pinellas County Area