The wrong type of mushrooms are toxic to cats and dogs.
The mushrooms that are safe for humans to eat can be toxic to pets.
It is best to remove mushrooms from your yard for the safety of your pet.
If you are able to get the suspected ingested mushroom bring it with you to the vet. Sometimes the vet will take a sample from the pet's stomach to identify the type of mushroom. The curious dog or cat can be attracted to mushrooms because of their odor. Make sure your pet doesn't ingest any type of mushroom.
If you think your pet has ingested a mushroom take the pet to the vet immediately bring the mushroom with you to the vet. Do not put it in a plastic bag because it will break the mushroom down. Wrap it in a moist paper towel.
Common signs to watch for:
Professional Pet Sitting Services offered in the Upper to Mid-Pinellas County Area