FIRST AID FOR TOAD POISONING
Toad poisoning is a true medical emergency, so if you see a dog or cat with a critter in his mouth (especially if long strings of saliva are present, the pet experiences seizures or collapses) you should: lean pet’s head forward or to the side to prevent swallowing, and rinse with large quantities of water for several minutes, then get to the veterinarian monitoring vitals on the way.
If shock, cardiac or pulmonary arrest occur, knowing proper treatment could be a lifesaver!
Article By Denise Fleck, The Pet Safety Crusader
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Professional Pet Sitting Services offered in the Upper to Mid-Pinellas County Area