PLANTS THAT ARE TOXIC TO PETS
Pet owners need to make sure that curious cats and dogs are safe from potential dangers with plants and flowers in the home and gardens. Some plans can be deadly if ingested.
Cats are prone to chewing on indoor or outdoor plants, puppies love to chew on anything they come across. Make sure indoor plants are placed in safe, unreachable areas to prevent potential poisonings.
Some of the plants and flowers are amaryllis, calla lilies, lilies, carnations, azaleas, daffodils, elephant's ear, hibiscus, morning glory, tulips, sago palm, and especially oleander and angel trumpet. The most common side effects that result from ingesting plants or flowers are vomiting, or diarrhea. If you believe that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance call the veterinarian or the APCC 24 – hour 7 days a week, emergency poison hot-line at 1-888-426-4435
Owners, some plants, and flowers are sprayed with pesticides that can cause serious adverse reactions. Some pets have allergies to pollens from plants and flowers. Pets get itchy, inflamed skin. Symptoms include scratching excessively at the skin or ears, as well as constant licking and chewing on the skin. Make an appointment with your veterinarian to help your pet.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Professional Pet Sitting Services offered in the Upper to Mid-Pinellas County Area